KNN Public Finance, LLC (KNN), is recruiting for a municipal finance associate level position, with responsibilities described below. This position is for the Oakland office, located at 1300 Clay Street, Suite 1000, Oakland, CA, in close vicinity to the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART station.
The associate will be responsible for providing quantitative and bond transaction support for the firm’s municipal clients across California. Responsibilities include the monitoring of current economic events and information, application of in-house technology for market information to update financial models and projections, development of bond structuring alternatives and credit rating materials. In coordination with senior staff, this person will prepare marketing and informational presentations and reports as related to our clients’ needs including annual bond disclosure reports.
- Quantitative analysis and preparation of financial models, cash flow, and debt service analysis
- Evaluation of financing alternatives
- Monitoring of tax-exempt bond markets
- Rating agency credit presentation development
- Preparation of research, correspondence and special reports on current issues in municipal finance
- Support for marketing and new business development, including assisting in responding to Requests for Proposals for Municipal Advisory services
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of experience in fixed income, public policy, finance, or similar field or Master’s degree.
- Basic understanding of municipalities and municipal finance, fixed income, accounting, local government operations and issues and structuring of taxable and tax-exempt debt issues.
- Requires strong analytical, quantitative, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in a detailed and deadline oriented work environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest in finance, economics and/or public policy
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task