KNN PublicFinance, LLC ("KNN"), is recruiting for municipal finance analyst level positions, in our Bay Area office (headquarters) with responsibilities as described below.
KNN PublicFinance is one of the leading Municipal Advisory firms in the California publicfinance market. We provide comprehensivemunicipal advisory services to cities, counties, school districts, highereducation agencies, special districts, and state agencies. Our focus is providing our clients withindependent, objective analysis and advice to support them in makingresponsible decisions about their debt and capital programs.
We have a California-based staffof 18 with deep quantitative and market resources. We are a vibrant,interactive organization that is committed to diversity, collaboration, and theeducation and success of our advisors and our clients. We live and work in thecommunities we serve and care deeply about public service. We believe in givingback to our communities and promoting the welfare of others throughphilanthropic activities. KNN isemployee owned and operated and traces our roots to a company first establishedin 1982.
The analyst willbe responsible for providing quantitative and bond transaction support for thefirm’s senior staff and municipal clients across California. Please see belowfor analyst job responsibilities, qualifications, and additional details.
- Quantitative analysis and preparation of financial models, cash flow, and debt service analysis
- Evaluation of financing alternatives
- Monitoring of tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond markets
- Rating agency credit presentation development
- Preparation of research, correspondence, and special reports on current issues in municipal finance
- Support for marketing and new business development, including assisting in responding to Requests for Proposals for municipal advisory services
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of directly related experience
- Basic understanding of municipalities and municipal finance, fixed income, accounting, local government operations and issues and structuring of taxable and tax-exempt debt issues
- Requires strong analytical, quantitative, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a detailed and deadline-oriented work environment
- Analyst will be required to pass the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Series 50 – Municipal Advisor Representative Examination. Sufficient exam preparation and guidance will be provided.
Ideal candidate will possess
- Interest in finance, economics and/or public policy
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Skilled in time management as well as managing multiple projects at one time
- Competitive salary and annual bonus incentives
- Hybridwork schedule opportunities (remote and in-office collaboration)
- Personalized training by, and collaboration with, senior municipal advisors
- Paid and sick time off, holidays, family leave and other leave options
- A broad array of employer supported health,vision, and dental insurance options
- Employer provided Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Plans
- An extensive 401k program (including ESG investment options) which includes a 3% employer contribution (no match required) and an optional additional 2% employer profit share contribution
How to Apply
 For complete firm history details please visitour website, see Our History.
Pursuant Municipal Securities Rulemaking BoardRule G-42, see RegulatoryInformation.